Dental Hygienistsat Dentalcare Westbury
Why make an appointment to see Dental Hygienists
At Dentalcare Westbury, our dental hygienists are devoted to working with you to improve your oral health. We pay particular attention to gums as well as teeth because it is now well known that gum disease can not only affect the health of your teeth but can seriously affect the rest of your general health too.
We recommend that you see a hygienist twice a year. Regular dental hygiene appointments can act as a preventative measure in avoiding:
- Tooth decay
- Bleeding gums
- Painful teeth
- Bad breath
- Discoloured or stained teeth
Our affordable hygiene plan
Our Hygiene Plan provides affordable, accessible hygiene appointments whether you are a patient with the NHS or a private patient:
Affordable Hygiene Plan
- 30 minute Hygiene appointments
- 2 per year
- 10% discount on Home Teeth Whitening Fees**
** Subject to suitability
Different conditions that Dental Hygienists treat in Westbury
Some of the different conditions that our dental hygienists treat are:
- Scaling and polishing teeth to remove plaque
- Treating and removing stains on your teeth. At Dentalcare Westbury we also offer Airflow polishing. Airflow works by using a fine jet of compressed air, water and fine powder particles to gently and effectively remove stains caused by coffee, red wine and tea from the front and back teeth.
- Identifying and treating gingivitis – red and inflamed gums and periodontitis which is when gums become further infected
- Antibacterial treatments can be applied in the form of a gel to kill bacteria
- Give advice on diet, lifestyle and brushing routines for your teeth, gums and mouth
Airflow Polish in Westbury
We are proud to offer the latest in teeth cleaning and polishing – Airflow. This unique cleaning system combines air, water and sodium bicarbonate to efficiently remove stubborn stains, it will leave teeth looking cleaner and whiter. Airflow is a great way to bring back the sparkle to your teeth especially if you don’t want to go ahead with teeth whitening treatments.
If you have sensitive teeth you will find that Airflow is more comfortable than the usual scale and polish because there is no direct contact with the teeth.
What dental hygienists at Westbury can offer you
At Dentalcare Westbury our dental hygienists will:
- Offer you personal support. Each patient is recognised as being unique and having individual needs. We make recommendations solely on what is right for you
- Welcome patients of all ages including children. We believe it is vital to educate and promote good oral health to all
- Offer flexible hygienist appointment times to suit you including early, late and weekend options.
Frequently asked questions about dental hygiene
What can I do to prevent hygiene being a problem?
Keeping a regular cleaning routine at home is essential to prevent issues such as tooth decay and gum disease from occurring. Your hygienist can talk to you about how to properly brush your teeth as well as flossing and taking care of your gums.
How often should I see the hygienist?
We recommend seeing your hygienist twice a year but you may need more appointments if you have had extra dental work such as dental implants or if you’ve experienced tooth decay or gum disease.
How does the hygienist differ from the dentist?
Your hygienist will focus more on the health of your gums and how you can prevent plaque and tartar from forming. Your hygienist will be able to give you advice on cleaning as well as diet and lifestyle which can all affect the health of your teeth and gums.